Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to all gift certificates (Card) issued by Olive at Hawker (Venue).
2. In these Terms ‘you’ is the purchaser or recipient of the Card and by acquiring, using or attempting to use a Card you agree to be bound by these Terms and any terms printed on the Card. It is your responsibility to ensure that any recipient or user of the Card is aware of, and complies with, these Terms.
3. The Card is a prepaid gift card and the amount available for making non-cash payments under the Card is set when the Card is issued.
4. The amount available for payments under the Card cannot be increased once the Card has been issued unless it is for the reversal of a payment made error.
5. The Card is not legal tender, an account card, a credit or debit card, a security or financial product. The Card cannot be used to withdraw or redeem cash, reloaded, returned for a refund or have the balance consolidated to a new gift card.
6. The Card can only be used to purchase food and beverages at the Venue.
7. The Card will expire on the date specified on the Card, which will not be earlier than three years from the date of supply of the Card by the Venue to you unless the Card:
Was donated for promotional purposes
Was supplied at a genuine discount
Was part of an employee reward scheme
Was received through a customer loyalty program
Was purchased second hand
Was part of a short-term promotional campaign between two or more businesses (e.g. buy goods or services from one business and receive a Card for another business)
Was supplied to certain charities or government agencies
8. The Card may not be used to purchase food or beverages or otherwise redeemed after the Expiry Date and any remaining available balance on the Card after the Expiry Date will be forfeited.
9. The Card is not registered to any user and anyone in possession of the Card may use it. Any use of the Card is deemed to be made by you. The Venue recommends that you keep your Card in a secure place. The Venue is under no obligation to replace, and is not otherwise liable or responsible for, any Card which is defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen.
10. The Card may not be able to be used for certain events or special functions which are held by the Venue. Contact the Venue if you have any questions regarding whether or not the Card can be used for a particular event or function.
11. The Card can only be used for personal use and must not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising, or other promotional activities without the prior written approval of the Venue.
12. The Card cannot be used to make transactions that exceed the available balance on the Card unless you pay the difference between the balance on the Card and the amount of the transaction by another payment method accepted by the Venue.
13. When making a purchase at the Venue you may use all or a portion of the value loaded onto the Card. The portion of the initial value loaded onto the Card and which is unspent will not be provided to you as cash but will be retained on the Card and may, until the Expiry Date, be used in whole or part against future purchases.
14. You are responsible for ensuring that the Card, where used to purchase alcohol, is used by persons who are at least 18 years of age and that any alcohol purchased using the Card is consumed only by persons who are at least 18 years of age.
15. If you have an issue with a purchase made using the Card, or otherwise have an issue with your experience at the relevant venue, we recommend you contact us to discuss.
16. The Venue may refuse to redeem any Card if fraud is suspected or until the Venue is satisfied that there has been no fraud involved.
17. The Card remains the property of the Venue and must be provided to the Venue upon the earlier of the Expiry Date and the date the balance on the card is exhausted.
18. You may have certain rights under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded and nothing in these Terms should be interpreted as attempting to exclude, restrict or modify the application of those rights.
19. Subject to clause 18 and to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Venue expressly excludes all liability to you for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) howsoever caused in respect of the Card.
20. Use of the Card is subject to all of the Venue’s policies regarding the goods and services made available by it from time to time.
22. If any provision of these Terms is void, unenforceable or illegal and would not be so if words were omitted, then those words are to be severed and if this cannot be done, the entire provision is to be severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
23. These Terms are governed by the laws in force in the A.C.T, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts.
24. If you have any questions regarding your Card, please contact us on (02) 62552858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org